Forty meters below the characteristic and lively streets of the historic centre of Naples, one can discover a different world. Cut off from modernity until recently, yet still intimately linked to it, this is the heart of Naples - the place where the city originated some 2,400 years ago. Each momentous event throughout history – from its foundation as Neopolis to WWII bombing raids – has left its imprint on these yellow tufa walls; a soulful stone with which Naples was constructed. Embark on this enchanting 90-minute journey back in time!
IMPORTANT: THIS TICKET INCLUDES A BOOKING FEE FOR ONLINE RESERVATION. PLEASE ARRIVE 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SELECTED START TIME AND BE AWARE THAT THE START TIME CAN VARY DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS. KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS TOUR IS PROVIDED IN ENGLISH WITH AN AUDIOGUIDE, RATHER THAN A LIVE GUIDE.
- Anything not mentioned as included
- It is NOT a skip-line ticket
What To Expect
Travel to Piazza San Gaetano 68, 80138, Naples Italy for the Official Naples Underground tour. It is in close proximity to Via Dei Tribunali.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Present yourself at the specified address and enter as per staff instructions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic
- Minimum age is 3 years
- IMPORTANT TOUR IN ENGLISH WITH AUDIOGUIDE
- Tour in Italian every hour from 10am to 6pm
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- UPON DECISION OF THE ITALIAN COUNCIL OF MINISTERS, FROM 5TH AUGUST 2021, THE GREEN PASS OR A NEGATIVE TEST WITHIN THE PREVIOUS 48 HOURS WILL BE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE. AT THE MOMENT, CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 ARE EXEMPT AS WELL THOSE ONES WHO, FOR PROVEN HEALTH REASONS, CANNOT GET VACCINATED.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- UPON DECISION OF THE ITALIAN COUNCIL OF MINISTERS,FROM 5TH AUGUST 2021, THE GREEN PASS OR A NEGATIVE TEST WITHIN THE PREVIOUS 48 HOURS WILL BE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE.AT THE MOMENT,CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 ARE EXEMPT AS WELL THOSE WHO,FOR PROVEN REASONS, CANNOT GET VACCINATED.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Archaeological Park of Herculaneum, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Returns to original departure point