An awe-inspiring subterranean network of old cisterns, hallways packed with classic cars and forgotten WWII artifacts. Join us for a special Standard Tour to uncover the history and emotion of Naples' Underground. Our guides will bring the space alive as they recount stories about The Bourbon Tunnel's past.
Expert assistance in either English or Italian for entrance to Galleria Borbonica
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Anything else not mentioned in Inclusions
What To Expect
Take a trip to: Galleria Borbonica, Vico del Grottone 4 Zona Piazza Plebiscito, 80132, Naples Italy - just 100 meters away from Plebiscito Square. This used to be a veterinary laboratory but has now been transformed into the entrance of the Bourbon Tunnel. It consists of 8 ramps that lead 33 yards deep down into the Chiaia district in Naples. The second entry is located at Via Domenico Morelli 40 - accessible via 'Quick parking' crosswalk. Construction for this tunnel began in 1853 by Ferdinand II of Bourbon as he wanted an escape route from the Royal Palace to Via della Pace (now Via Morelli). The effects of World War II can still be seen underground and it was formerly used as a military hospital and Judicial Deposit Hall.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable shoes and wear a sweater. For people who are claustrophobic and for people with walking issues, entry #2 is recommended
- Reduced price €5 for over 75 and age 11-13
- Free admission age 0-10
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Galleria Borbonica - Ingresso Vico Grottone, Vico del Grottone, 4, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
Returns to original departure point